Client: EL TEJON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Facility Type: Educational Institutional
Location: Frazier Mountain High School, Lebec, CA
Owner: EL TEJON UNIFIED
Project: Continuous Service
Construction of high school was completed in 1997 unfortunately with inadequate HVAC systems and design. As a result, operating costs exceeded $4.50 per square foot of energy consumption versus a statewide average of $1.50 per foot.
• Abandon central Thermal Ice Storage plant.
• Remove HVAC and lighting control system that could not be operated by the District’s maintenance personnel and had to be serviced by a contractor located one hour from the school site.
• Install individual high energy efficient rooftop package units for each classroom and common areas.
• Install simple wall thermostats that can be easily operated by the Staff.
• Reduce the amount of unnecessary air circulating in the Gymnasium thereby freeing up to 40 tons of air conditioning.
• Provide a heating system for the Locker Rooms.
• Provide a 24-hour air conditioning system for the IT department server room. This solution eliminates the need to operate the facility’s main HVAC system at hours when the facility is unoccupied.